28th April 2020 - OPEN
Kia Ora Dante's Fans,
There is no doubt that this has been a long and difficult five weeks for us all as we've been navigating through the Level 4 Lockdown. Under Level 4 - Dante's Fine Foods did meet the criteria of being an Essential Service Provider. However, as a small locally owned business and as a Widowed Mum of 3 young children, I made a very conscious decision to close our doors and only operate our online services. I'm sure many of you can appreciate how scary this whole situation has been and why I chose to put my children, staff and my own health & wellbeing first & foremost before any financial concerns I had about the business. However, I hope that many of you who have continued to order with us online have still been happy with the service we have provided as my staff & I have been doing our utmost best to try to accommodate our community & customers needs for the past 5 weeks.
So in saying this, I am pleased to announce that we will finally be opening our doors on
Tuesday the 28th of April .
Customers are still encouraged to make orders online and either utilise the delivery or pick-up service if they can. However, if this is not an option for you then our store will be open for you to enter and purchase the goods you need. We do also hope that customers are prepared before entering the shop, so you know what it is you need or are looking for and limiting your time spent in the shop.
Please know that my staff and I will be following very strict COVID 19 Guidelines Under Alert Level 3 and we will be ensuring that customers entering our store adhere to the following:
- Customers are encouraged to make a list before entering the shop so you know what you are looking for and limiting your time in the shop. (If you dont have access to our online shop, you can always ring us to check we have what you need before coming into the store)
- Restricting the number of people entering the store. (One-in, one-out arrangement);
- Managing queues for entry, with a minimum spacing of 2 metres between people in a queue
- Provisions of hand sanitiser & disposable gloves on entry to the store;
- Providing distancing markers in-store to ensure a minimum spacing between customers and staff
- Introducing the one-way system in-store
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces;
- Use of contactless payment systems (PayWave) for in-store payments, and regular disinfecting of all payment terminals;
- Preventing customers from "bringing their own" bags, boxes or other containers to carry goods in; Our paper bags can be used to take items home.
- Tracing customers and asking them to "check-in" so that there is a record of who has been in our store at what time
We hope that you will all work with us to operate under these guidelines and as always my staff and I are always happy to help in any way we can. We most certainly look forward to seeing some of your faces again soon (from 2mtrs away still) and we look forward to providing another option for you to access the Essential Foods and Services you need.
As always we will be keeping you up to date with any changes happening within the shop on our social media pages and website.
Again a huge THANK-YOU to you all, for your support, co-operation and patience during this extraordinary time.
Stay Safe, Keep well & take care of yourself and those in your bubble.
Arohanui Kelly, Caitlin & Sam.